Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Overnight Stargazing

Overnight stargazing was so entertaining and thrilling. I have always dream of joining stargazers but my parents would not allow me because it is dangerous and it is near the squatters’ area. And I am jealous with my classmates because every morning after their overnight stargazing they are talking with their experiences they have saw and experience during their night here on UP High School Campus. But the time has come and it is my time to join them on their stargazing. On the eve of February 2, 2007, we have stargazing with my classmates here on UP high School Campus. This time my parents allowed me to join this activity because it included in the connection of Science 1-C and UP Stargazers Society. When the night has come I already arrived here on UP High School. I saw my classmates preparing their things for stargazing. I was also enjoyed staring at them because they are doing cooperation with each other. I also prepared my things for the activity to experience also what they have experience. When Madame Gallo has arrived we have already unfolded our things in the ground and we start our stargazing but there is something happened. We did not see the stars instead we look at the moon. After we looked at the moon, we went to the LEADER to have a lecture with Mr. GO, a famous Cebuano Astrologer. We discussed about the Jupiter’ red spot junior and Saturn watching. After the discussion, we watched a horror movie. The movie we watched was Shutter. After we watched the movie we went back to the grounds of UP High. When I am so sleepy and tired, I want to sleep but my classmates always played with me. They do not want me to go to sleep. When my drowsiness went away because of my classmates, I went to the LEADER to keep away my boredom. When I arrived there I saw some of my classmates watching Saw 3. I also watch. When the movie ends, I went back again to the grounds. I waited for stars to be seen but nothing happens at all. When the dawn comes I packed my things to be carried at home. After I packed all my things, I washed my face. And then we have a picture taking. When the time comes that it is time to go home I have imagined that this kind of activity would happen again.
Overnight stargazing was more fun than I think. I have experience to be bond with my classmates and I saw the true color of my classmates. I hope this activity would happen again and I hope that I could really see a star by looking at the telescope. It came to happen that another activity will happen again not here on UP High School but at the University of San Carlos. There you are assured that is very secure and it is more fun because we will watch Saturn. This activity will happen on March 3, 2007. I hope my parents will allow me again to participate in this activity. And I hope also that my experiences that happened in UP will also happen on San Carlos.

No comments: